Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
The Seller means Kingcome Sofas Limited.
The Buyer means the party to whom goods or services are to be sold in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below.
1. The price of the Product will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. All prices include VAT, unless stated otherwise, at the prevailing rate. If you live outside the UK, please note that the price you see on our website may differ from what we charge you, due to, for example, differences in your country’s VAT rate.
1.2 All prices which we have quoted you are valid for up to 28 days from the date on which the quote was given, unless otherwise indicated by us.
1.3 At the point of order, deposits of 50% or 100% of the total order value are accepted. The remaining 50% balance is required one (1) week before delivery. If you opt for a 50% deposit at the point of order, we will contact you one (1) week before delivery to collect the remaining balance. Products cannot be delivered until full payment is received.
1.4 We accept the forms of payments that are stated on our website during the online purchase process.
1.5 The contract for sale arises once we have (1) accepted the order, evidenced by a return email confirmation and; (2) received a valid payment or deposit in accordance with clause 3 (credit card charge, debit card payment details or bank transfer).
1.6 We are entitled to refuse the placement of any order.
2. Title in the goods shall not pass to the Buyer until payment in respect thereof has been received in full and until such time the Buyer shall holds the goods on trust for the Seller.
3. No claim by the Buyer shall be made for damage to goods sold hereunder unless notified by the Buyer in writing within fourteen days of receipt of the goods. If any such matter is notified to the Seller within such period the Seller shall at his own expense rectify any defect with regard to workmanship or materials and for this purpose the Buyer shall allow the Seller to gain access to the place at which the goods are kept. In the event of any disagreement as to liability under this clause the matter shall be referred to the Chairman of the Interior Designers’ and Decorators’ Association who shall appoint an expert who shall be deemed to be acting as an arbitrator and whose decision shall be binding and final.
4. If the Buyer is unable to receive the goods by the date ordered he shall nonetheless be liable to pay for them in full when they are ready for delivery. In such circumstances the Seller shall provide storage from the time they are completed, this storage shall be chargeable at normal commercial rates. If the Buyer has requested a specified delivery date but cannot then accept delivery the Seller will charge storage from that date.
5. If completion of the order is delayed for three months or more at the Buyers request the Buyer shall be liable for any price increases which may have occurred since the date of making the order.
6. The Seller shall use his best endeavours to estimate accurately the quantity of fabric required for an order, but in the event of any extra fabric being required for whatever reason for the completion of the goods, the extra cost associated therewith shall be borne by the Buyer.
7. In the event that the Seller has substantially completed the goods in accordance with the Buyers order, any delay in the completion of accessories such as arm-caps shall not entitle the Buyer to withhold any payment in respect of those goods completed.
8. In the event of a supplier to the Seller not meeting its quoted delivery dates and there being a consequential delay on the completion by the Seller of its orders such consequential delay shall not entitle the Buyer to cancel the order. If the Buyer (notwithstanding the terms of this clause) cancels the order the Seller shall be entitled to retain whichever is the greater of 15% of the order value plus any associated mark-up thereon of the goods made in pursuance of the order.